UPPSC PCS Syllabus 2019 | Pre & Main Exam (English & Hindi PDF Download)
The Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission has last year freshened up the Provincial Civil Services Exam Pattern for Preliminary & Main stages. The candidate needs to refer the Latest UPPSC PCS Syllabus 2019 for their exam preparation in English & Hindi PDF Format. There are three stages for PCS 2019 Recruitment which is now on the pattern of Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). The pre-exam notification for UP PCS 2019 Application Form will be released soon.
As per the revamped PCS syllabus, minus marking will be influencing scores of the candidates. Every wrong answer will lead to the deduction of 1/3 marks as said for the preliminary stage. Similarly, necessary changes have been made in the Main Exam Scheme too. Moreover, Interview is going to be conducted for 100 marks, replacing the previous total marks of 200.
UPPSC PCS Syllabus 2019
Are you getting ready for the upcoming UP PCS Exam 2019? If yes, then here is the catch. You will need to arrange the current syllabus as there have been a lot of changes in the examination structure. The official notification for this year contains the fresh scheme of UPPSC PCS Pre & Main Syllabus (English & Hindi Version). It is extremely essential that one should opt for the latest exam scheme with a constructivist approach during the preparation.
Since the paper pattern is changed, the previous year question papers are not going to help as they used to. Appearing candidates should be up to date with the new subject-wise study material. They must spend time practicing more for the modernized question answers of the 2018 year. Still, a huge amount of applicants are not aware of the amendments made in PCS Syllabus 2019.
UP Provincial Civil Services Exam Pattern 2019
Knowing the exam pattern of PCS 2019 is the best thing that a candidate can do in the first place. It will help amazingly in making the to-do-list for study preparation. As we know the preliminary test is going to be the first hurdle in the selection process. So, here we check for the preliminary exam below:-
Pre-Exam Scheme (Ist Stage):-
- Candidates will have to succeed in two compulsory pre-exams (as given below) in order to reach the IInd Level.
- All Questions for Prelims Exam will be in an objective manner.
- Candidates are required to answer 150 and 100 questions for Paper I & Paper II respectively.
- Two Hours will be given for attempting each paper.
- As mentioned about negative marking before, there shall be a deduction of 0.33 marks for a wrong answer.
- The Preliminary is of qualifying nature. Candidates shall secure 33% marks in order to qualify Ist Level.
|General Studies-I||150||200||09:30 to 11:30 AM|
|General Studies-II||100||200||02:30 to 04:30 PM|
Main Exam Pattern (IInd Stage):-
The main exam comes as objective as well as subjective in Nature. Unlike preliminary, the candidate won’t get only multiple choice questions in the Mains Test. That’s the reason it is called a conventional exam sometimes. A list of the main exam subjects with the complete pattern is as follows:-
- For Main Exam, Paper I & Paper II shall be of 150 Marks with a duration of 03 Hours each.
- Paper III to Paper VI will be of 200 marks with time duration of 02 Hours separately.
Optional Subjects:- Anyone, for which, the test paper will be 0f 03 Hours.
- Arabic Lit.
- Defence Studies
- Hindi Lit.
- Persian Lit.
- Political Science & International Relations
- Sanskrit Lit.
- Public Administration
- Social Work
- Agricultural Engineering
- Anthropology & Accountancy
- Civil Engineering
- Medical Science
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- English Lit.
- Urdu Lit.
- Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
UP PCS Pre-Exam Syllabus 2019
Till now, we have covered the paper pattern for prelims-examination. However, a detailed syllabus is yet to read. So, without wasting time, get a through details of it hereinbelow:-
General Studies (GS) Ist Paper:-
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Current Affairs of national and international importance.
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- Indian and World geography – Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights issues etc.
- General Issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity, and Climate Change- that do not require subject specialization.
- General Science.
General Studies IInd Paper:-
- General English upto Class X level.
- General Hindi upto Class X level.
- Elementary Mathematics up to Class X level- Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry, and Statistics.
- Decision making and problem-solving.
- General mental ability
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills.
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability.
UPPCS Prelims Exam 2019 Syllabus (Full Details)
(General Studies I Paper Syllabus)
History of India and Indian National Movement:– In History emphasis should be on broad understanding social, economic and political aspects of Indian history. In the Indian National Movement, the candidates are expected to have a synoptic view of nature and character of the freedom movement, growth of nationalism and attainment of Independence.
Current events of national and international importance:- On Current Events of National and International importance, candidates will be expected to have knowledge about them.
Economic and Social Development:– Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc:- The candidates will be tested with respect to problems and relationship between Population, Environment, and Urbanization. General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity, and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization. General awareness of the subject is expected from candidates.
Indian and World Geography:– Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World:- In World Geography only general understanding of the subject will be expected. Questions on the Geography of India will relate to Physical, Social & Economic Geography of India.
Indian Polity and Governance:- Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc:- In Indian Polity, Economic and Culture, questions will test knowledge of country’s political system including Panchayati Raj and Community Development, broad features of Economic policy in India and Indian Culture.
General Science: – Questions on General Science will cover general appreciation and understanding of Science including matters of everyday observation and experience, as may be expected of a well-educated person, who has not made a special study of any scientific discipline.
General Studies IInd Paper Syllabus in Detail:-
Elementary Mathematics (Up to Class X Level):
Number systems: Natural Numbers, Integers, Rational and irrational numbers, Real numbers, Divisors of an Integer, prime integers, L.C.M. and H.C.F. of integers and their interrelationship.
- Ratio and proportion
- Profit and Loss
- Simple and Compound interests
- Work and Time.
- Speed, Time and Distance
Factors of polynomials, L.C.M., and H.C.F. of polynomials and their interrelationship, Remainder theorem, simultaneous linear equations, quadratic equations.
Set Theory: Set null set, subsets and proper subsets of a set, operations (Union, Intersections, difference, symmetric difference) between sets, Venn diagram.
Constructions and theorems regarding triangle, rectangle, square, trapezium and circles, their perimeter and area.
Volume and surface area of a sphere, right circular cylinder, right circular Cone and Cube.
Collection of data, Classification of data, frequency, frequency distribution, tabulation, cumulative frequency. Representation of data – Bar diagram, Pie chart, histogram, frequency polygon, cumulative frequency curves, Measures of Central Tendency: Arithmetic mean, Median and Mode.
General English (Up to Class 10th Level):
- Active Voice and Passive Voice.
- Parts of Speech.
- Words Meanings.
- Vocabulary & usage.
- Idioms and Phrases.
- Fill in the Blanks.
- Transformation of Sentences.
- Direct and Indirect Speech.
- Punctuation and Spellings.
सामान्य हिंदी (हाईस्कूल स्तर तक) के पाठ्यक्रम में सम्मिलित किए जाने वाले विषय:हिंदी वर्णमाला, विराम चिन्ह
- शब्द रचना, वाक्य रचना, अर्थ,
- संधि, समास,
- मुहावरे एवं लोकोक्तियाँ
- तत्सम एवं तद्भव, देशज, विदेशी (शब्द भंडार)
- हिंदी भाषा के प्रयोग में होने वाली अशुद्धियाँ
- उ.प्र. की मुख्य बोलियाँ
- अनेकार्थी शब्द,
- विलोम शब्द,
- पर्यायवाची शब्द,